Friday, March 12, 2010

Is honesty the best policy? Time will tell.

I've done it. I'm absolutely freaking out.

I received another email today from my semi-estranged friend, full of polite niceties and nothingness, asking about how my week has been etc. I don't know why but when responding to her today I was completely honest. (I've mentioned her in previous posts, she is the BFF who went through IF with me, got pregnant, refused to discuss her pg or my infertility any more, moved away and only ever emails me with infuriating and badly-timed casual statements like "whatcha been up to this week?" despite me trying to discuss real things with her like we always used to)

I told her that if she wanted to continue being my friend she needed to be willing to discuss and front up to my infertility and stuff that's gone wrong between her and me over the past year.

Now I just wait for her reply.

Ugh, I feel sick!

2 comments:

  1. I honestly think you have done the right thing. I got so sick of people not telling me things like "hey I am pregnant" I just had to wait and maybe they thought I would just think they got fat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the whole back story (thanks for filling me in), but I can't believe another infertile would act like that! I agree with pp, I think you did the right thing and it sounds like you said it in honesty and love. Hang in there as you wait for the response, and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete