Tuesday, March 16, 2010

He's no prophet

Last night my DH, in an uncharacteristically pessimistic and doomsday-ish kind of mood, predicted that Wednesday would be one of the worst days of our lives. He predicted that,

a) we would find out that our one egg didn't fertilize, hence cancelling this cycle,
b) my friend would email me back and say she no longer wanted to be friends with me, and
c) we would be notified that he failed his exams, which he studied for 3 months for and needs to pass to proceed with his work training.

He was freaking me out because he's normally the calm, don't count our eggs until they've fertilized kind of guy. And these predictions were definitely the worse case scenario.

Thankfully his predictions started proving false with a couple of hours. My friend emailed me and said she is really keen to make things right and to recommence our friendship at the previous deep level (yay!). I spoke to the nurse an hour ago to hear that our one egg fertilized and we are planning ET on Thursday (double yay!!) Now we wait until tomorrow to see his exam results - can we be heading for a triple yay!!!??? I'll be praying for it to be so.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Yay! And hoping for a triple yay tomorrow :)

    Thankful your friend is making such an effort. That must be such a relief.

    And, of course, I am thrilled your egg fertilized and you are set to transfer! Praying for your embryo to grow strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a fertilized egg!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope good things are happening in 3s for you and DH -- especially DH since I am sure he is on pins and needles waiting for his test results. I am so glad that things are going your way right now.

    ReplyDelete