Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Recap

It's laughable that my last post was entitled "slowly coming back", and then I disappear off the radar for what seems like an age. Partly that's because very little has been happening in our TTC conceive world as we are on a break. It's also because my DH has been madly studying for exams and has virtually lived in the study where we keep our computer. By the time I am allowed access it's just before bedtime, when I'm trying to stop my reflective mind from whirring so I can sleep. So slowly meant slowly. But I'm back now. DH has his first, of four, exams this morning so I've reclaimed the computer. Sure, I had to clear a path to it, stack piles of paper that threatened to fall, and find a clear space to sit, but I'm here now, with my back to the disarray, enjoying my time back typing and reflecting.

A summary of the past weeks may help (me, maybe not you, you may not be interested, if you are still reading anyway!). This is what I've been up to:
  • Started a endo-based diet. Strictly it involves no dairy, caffeine, sugar, soy, red meat, or wheat. On advice I'm slightly less strict.
  • Visited a naturopath for advice. Altered diet slightly, was recommended a high-antioxidant diet. Now eat: whole grains, lots of fruit/veges, reduced wheat, green tea, natural yoghurt, reduced milk, no sugar, organic meat in decreased amounts, no soy. I'm loving the whole grains thing. Who would have thought that barley and buckwheat could be so tasty?! Even DH is happy. Naturopath also made up a foul tasting herbal mixture for me to drink 2x day. The things we do...
  • Continued my growing obsession with making sourdough bread, which has seen me do LOTS of baking, even in the crazy heat which characterizes an Australian summer! Discovered that my naturopath is also an enthusiast and she suggested that the fermentation process may be good for my gut - yay! That being said, I try to keep the consumption to a minimum.
  • Started a cake decorating course. This is in no way conducive with my diet, but it's more of a craft exercise so I can justify it. Also hoping to do a course in sweet artisan bread soon too.
  • Had internal 3D scans and blood doppler tests and was told again that everything looks normal - oh how I'm learning to hate that word. Surely if I was truly normal I would be pregnant by now?
  • Keep hearing good news stories of friends who have been TTC for a long time with ART finally becoming pregnant. Yay for KK for her and TFO's wonderful surprise! Yay also for S and J who have both become pregnant via IVF after many cycles. I'm excited for you all. This also makes me look forward to resuming treatment ourselves, come on AF, I know you've just left but I'm looking forward to your return! (for the first time ever!)
I think that brings me up to date to the current moment. Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow, reading, writing and commenting. I've missed this so much. With DH studying (and seemingly only capable of discussing what he's learning), being a long-term TTC so that friends/family don't tend to ask anymore, and not having access to this blog, I've been kinda lonely and pent up. Beware blog world, flood gates may open...!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are back!
    I hope that DH's exams go very, very well (and then he comes home and cleans up the messy office)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are back! It was good to hear an update! Your diet sounds even more restricting than the sugar busters diet that I am on! Like you said...the things we will do...

    ReplyDelete