Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Irony

Last night I ovulated.

For me this is a pretty normal occurrence. It's all part of my "normal" infertility existence. This time I felt it when I ovulated. This is not my usual experience, but it has happened before.

When I felt it, I felt something else too. It's hard to explain.

It's something like sadness but with more hope.

It's like a reflection of my past when I considered myself fertile, and yet now I know I am not.

It's feeling normal and functional, but not expecting anything to come from it.

It aches in me and yet at the same time it lightens me and reminds me to hope.



I will to continue to trust in the Lord. For he knows the plans he has for me, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11)

There is no irony there. Just clear-cut truths.

3 comments:

  1. So true...like you said, the Bible is full of those clear-cut truths that we have to remind ourselves of every single day, many times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I can relate to those same ironies and also find comfort in the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to watching your plans unfurl.

    ReplyDelete