Monday, February 15, 2010

DH has left the building...

Exams are over! Yippee! And today DH returned to work. Oh well, that's life and it is some consolation to me that he was looking forward to going back. I woke up early with him this morning and it was nice to see him putting on a shirt and tie, rather than the usual comfortable but daggy study clothes. He looked so handsome!

Another good thing about him returning to work is that his study is tidy and clean! Another yippee! I like tidy, it helps me to relax.

A further good thing is that because I got up early today I have already completed the grocery shopping and put it away. Unfortunately I wasn't early enough to the supermarket to avoid the mothers with their young children (which still tug at my heart strings), but it's good that I have the day stretching out ahead of me.

That being said, I don't have a lot to do. I mean, there's always chores, but I don't always feel like doing them. I took time off work to focus on IVF treatment, as I wasn't coping with the child-centred and emotional nature of my work, but I haven't done any treatment for the past 2 months. Ironically I'm due to start back at work in early April, a month after we recommence IVF. I don't think I'm ready to go back to work yet. I have a meeting with my manager on Friday morning to discuss me coming back, but I'm going to ask her for another 5 months. I figure by then I'll have more of an idea of what is happening in my life and what I am capable of.

But for today I have a craft project that has been waiting for me, a cake decorating class to prepare for, and a curry to cook for dinner. That should be plenty to keep me entertained until DH comes home.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you were facing heading back to work soon. I hope you are able to postpone a little bit. Well, I hope you are able to postpone a long time if you are planning to not work after you get pregnant? I look forward to cheering you on for the next IVF cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your DH finishing his exams!

    What do you do for a living? Do you think you will be able to take more time off?

    ReplyDelete