Saturday, February 20, 2010

LOL

Stands for Lady of Leisure.

I met with my manager yesterday and she approved my leave without pay from work ... for the entire year! I wasn't really expecting it to be that long, but I think it worked better for her because she can offer someone a longer, albeit temporary, contract.

It's freaking me out that I don't need to return to work until 2011. I've been kind of bored and restless the last few days so I'm hoping I can find enough to occupy me for the next 10 months. What am I thinking?!? I have IVF to do and a baby to make (God willing, of course) - I'll have lots to do!

On another note, I also spoke yesterday with a baking teacher at a local adult education centre about my love of making bread, especially sourdough. He said he would try to find me a place in a course being offered to apprentice bakers in artisan bread making that is starting soon! I'm so excited.

So in at least one way this year
I will be putting a "bun in the oven"
(*cue laughter and eyerolls*)

LOL

1 comment:

  1. lol, love that you will be taking a baking class while trying to get a bun in your over. That image was just perfect. :)

    Great news about your continued leave - congrats!

    ReplyDelete