Monday, November 9, 2009

Test Results

Our FS rang this afternoon with some of the results from my recent BTs. She had ordered:
  • ANA
  • AP THROMBOPLASTIN
  • LUPA
  • VIT D
  • CARDLP
  • MTHFR FVL PGM
  • Sperm Ab
  • HCG
I only know this from the bill I received last week, I have little idea what any of them mean and I've refused to ask Dr Google until I was told that any of them were positive. Evidently most of them are "normal" or close to normal, with one needing repeating. Of all things, I have a Vitamin D deficiency. Damn you pale skin and hot Australian sun!

In hindsight it's probably a good thing that the results were normal, DH has certainly said so. I can see this now, but initially, all I could think was that my results were "normal" again and that no-one can tell me what is wrong and how to fix it. How can I be so normal and yet so absolutely infertile?! I broke down and cried uncontrollably for an hour. I'm so scared that I'll never be a mother. Why can't the doctors work out what is happening and fix it so we can get pregnant?!

So now it looks like I'll start swallowing yet another vitamin tablet and make an appointment for IVF in February (it can't be earlier because our clinic closes over Christmas and DH has a big exam for work in early Feb). I'm going to go have a drink and eat some chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. I have the same thoughts on test results coming back "normal". It IS good, but doesn't seem like it. I want something to be wrong so they can "fix" it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we might be going through IVF at the same time. I know what you mean about blood tests coming back normal. I just went through that a few months ago and while I was glad they were normal, I was hoping it was something that would explain why we have to go through this.

    Sending big hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete