Monday, November 16, 2009

A strange gift

I'm not sure how I do it. It's a gift. I seem to have a sense when a friend of mine is pregnant. Today I guessed the 5th out of 5. I wonder if it's God protecting my heart by giving my head forewarning? At least today I had the sense to email my friend and ask her directly, rather than waiting to be told in person when I see her on Saturday. That way I could have my little cry and plead with God in private and I can show her joy on the weekend.

If only the gift extended to knowing when I'll be pregnant...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have the same "gift"!! I just seem to sense it or I have even had a dream about it...I really do think it is the Lord protecting us in some way, preparing our hearts before we actually hear the news. I thought I was the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a gift that serves some purpose and can protect your heart a bit through all of this IF stuff. I wish I had it - I have definitely been punched in the gut a few times by announcements.

    ReplyDelete